Hi!

  I'm using EOGenerator to generate my classes from the model.

Today, I found out that EOGenerator generates accessors using the trusted key/value operations, like:

    public String address() {
        return (String)storedValueForKey("address");
    }

    public void setAddress(String aValue) {
        takeStoredValueForKey(aValue, "address");
    }

This causes that, when I use setAddress(address), the value does not go trough the validateAddress method.

This looks strange, but I suppose there are any reasons why EOGenerator authors prefered the trusted operators instead of the normal "takeValueForKey" ones. Anyone knows why? Is there a problem if I change the templates to use the normal operators?

  Yours

Miguel Arroz

"The world lies in the hands of evil
 And we pray it would last" -- Apocalyptica, Life Burns!

Miguel Arroz
http://www.ipragma.com