Hi, David,

On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:36 AM, David LeBer wrote:

On 5-Jul-07, at 9:26 AM, Jerry W. Walker wrote:

Hi, Edgar,

The NSDictionary that you receive from request().formValues() contains NSArray values for each key. WO must presume that the values returned are arrays of values, because some form elements can return an array of values and WO has no way of determining whether a given form value should be an array or not, so it opts for the more general case, presuming that they should all be arrays, and returns single valued arrays for the cases that only a single value is returned for a given key.

Given that information, you could use request().formValueKeys() to get the list of keys present and iterate through all the keys using request().formValueForKey(key) to unwrap the array around each given value to build out your own NSMutableDictionary to pass to the EOUtilities.objectsMatchingValues method. Such as:

NSArray myResults = EOUtilities.objectsMatchingValues (unwrappedFormValues());
private NSDictionary unwrappedFormValues()
{
        NSArray keys = request().formValueKeys();
        NSMutableDictionary results = new NSMutableDictionary(keys.count());

        Enumeration e = keys.objectEnumerator();
        while (e.hasMoreElements()) {
                NSArray theValueArray = request().formValueForKey(key);
                results.setObjectForKey(theValueArray.lastObject(), key);
        }
        return results.immutableClone();
}

Umm, request().formValueForKey("thekey"); should return a single value. Calling valueForKey on the dictionary or formValuesForKey on the request will return an array.

--
;david

--
David LeBer
Codeferous Software

Yup, you're right.

I wrote the routine quickly this morning knowing that fact, but I had so focused on why WO returns arrays for each of the values, that I automatically and erroneously extracted the value from the nonexistent array. Since I wrote the routine with Mail.app as my editor, it didn't catch that. :-)

More coffee!

Regards,
Jerry

--
__ Jerry W. Walker,
WebObjects Developer/Instructor for High Performance Industrial Strength Internet Enabled Systems

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    203 278-4085        office