Hi All
Another way to "bundle" your log4j.properties is to include it in the
framework /application jar and then use the log4j.conifguration system
property if you need to change the defaults in teh deployment environment.
That way there is no log4j configuration code in the application/framework
java files. It does require a litte tweak to the build files though.

Cheers
Tonny