I suspect they very likely have compelling performance numbers, but I haven't had time to actually run tests with our real databases on it ... There are graphical MySQL front-ends (whereas FB's is fine, but sort of "passable"), and honestly there are pkg installs of it also at this point, so it's not a WHOLE lot more than double-click-to-install at this point. Slightly more obnoxious with permissions and users, etc, I suspect. I think FB wins pretty handily in the competition from zero-to-running-database, but how often are you doing that part? In terms of % of time spent, that's only a fraction of your db's life. I just don't want to discount it because a decade ago it sucked.

ms