I sent this almost two hours ago and it seems to have failed to deliver, so I'm resending the message. Please pardon if it is a duplicate.
+++

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm a bit confused. I was told earlier by more than one person on this list that in order to deploy a 5.3.3 app on a server running 5.4.1 that I would need to embed the frameworks. I thought that meant using the ssdd or the war from the dist directory, but it appears I've misunderstood what I was being told...

Anyway, I have nothing in my /Library/WebObjects/Application/ on my build machine. I just did a right click on the build.xml file and selected Run as->Ant Build. I'm guessing that whatever lands in / Library/WebObjects/Application/ is the same as the myapp.woa in the dist directory... I tried using that build product and it appears to be running, but I can't connect to it. Clicking WOStats or the app name on the app details page gives me

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/WebObjects/myapp.woa/1 on this server.

Clicking on the host-port link there gives me a kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 302 in Safari.

My log in /Library/WebObjects/Logs/ tells me:

(ERXApplication.java:497) INFO er.extensions.ERXApplication $JarChecker - The following packages appear multiple times:

Followed by a long list of frameworks, then:

(ERXApplication.java:513) WARN er.extensions.ERXApplication $JarChecker - The following packages have different versions, you should remove the version you don't want:

Followed by another long list of frameworks, and finally:

(ERXConfigurationManager.java:199) INFO er.extensions.ERXConfigurationManager - WOCachingEnabled is true. Disabling the rapid turnaround for Properties files (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog - Finished initialization after launch: ERXExtensions
(Ajax.java:35) INFO  er.ajax.Ajax  - AjaxRequestHandler installed
(ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog - Finished initialization after launch: Ajax (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog - Finished initialization after launch: ERJavaMail (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog - Finished initialization after launch: ERPrototypes
(ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:38) INFO  NSLog  - Welcome to myapp !
(ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog - The URL for webserver connect is:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/WebObjects/myapp.woa/-2001
(ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:41) WARN  NSLog  -
(ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:44) DEBUG NSLog  - Waiting for requests...

Trying the URL listed there gives me another 403 forbidden...

I tried enabling logging with a $ sudo touch /tmp/logWebObjects and so far I see no WebObjects.log in the tmp directory or anything WO related in /var/log either.

So at least it's running, but it's still broken. Can anyone tell what I've done wrong here?

rg