On Aug 2, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Mr. Frank Cobia wrote:

The "escapeHTML" binding has not effect on WOText (or ERXWOText). Is this the way it is supposed to behave or is it broken. I am using WO 5.4.2 on Mac OS.

I think escapeHTML is only for text display (WOString) and not for text input(WOText). Only bindings for name, value, and disabled seem to be available for WOText.

As a follow up question, whether it is broken or not, is there a way for me to create a textarea without the HTML being escaped? All I am really looking for is to insert <br> into the text.

If you want to display a WOString without escaping HTML, you'll probably have to parse the input from your WOText and remove anything that isn't a <br /> yourself. I'm using Jericho HTML parser and it works quite nicely.

For your purposes, that may be overkill. Alternately, although I've never used it myself, it appears you could bind an er.extensions.formatters.ERXSimpleHTMLFormatter to your WOString's formatter binding to convert the line breaks.

rg