Hi Ray,

Did you try -inurl:webobjects? <http://www.google.com/help/operators.html >

HTH, Fabian

Am 01.01.2009 um 23:35 schrieb Ray Kiddy:

Hey -

I have had a google alert set up for a while to tell me WO stuff pops up on the net. It is surprising how difficult it is to get a search that does not return stuff which is merely published via WebObjects and is not about WebObjects. It seems kind of silly that I cannot tell Google to look in the content for a word but to not look in the URL for the word. Maybe there is a way to do this, but I have not found it.

I really, really, really want to not get results like:

Runescape Barrows Trials - Challenge 2: Fight Caves, No Food or ...
Naughty By Nature on iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=22232 . Del Tha Funky Homosapien on iTunes - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=153070 . ———————– ...

I just added the "itunes" and "woa" exclusion terms in the string below.

Does anyone else do this? What search string do you use? I am trying to eliminate all those false positives but I am probably filtering too much. But I cannot think of how to get better results. Anyway, here is my search string. Let me know if you have something that you think is better.

cheers - ray

I type this in for the "search terms" in a Google Alert.

WebObjects -aspfree.com -itunes.apple.com -humordatabase.com - phobos.apple.com -deimos.apple.com -.woa _______________________________________________
http://lists.apple.com/mailman/options/webobjects-dev/lists.fabian%40e-lumo.com

This email sent to lists.fab...@e-lumo.com