Hi John,

On 07/01/2009, at 12:18 AM, John Pollard wrote:

A bit off topic, but I am struggling to make sense of this. Simply put I want to understand why I can't put a couple of jars into a WO framework and have the code still work as it does when the same jars are in /Library/Java/Extensions.

Not really off topic. This is a classpath issue.

Created a new WebObjects framework.
Manually moved two jar files (rome-1.0RC1.jar and jdom.jar) out of / Library/Java/Extensions into the new framework project's /Libraries sub folder

Good.

In Java Build Path properties, Libraries tab, Add Jars.. to add them in, then in the Order and Export tab tick them

Good.

In the app project, add the new framework as a dependency

Eclipse shows no compile time problems, so why the runtime error:
[java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError] com/sun/syndication/io/ ModuleGenerator

I will be very grateful for any pointers to help me solve this one; in particular why/when Eclipse is happy at compile time, but actually the classes are not found when run.

Are you running WOLips nightly and Eclipse 3.4.x? If not you might need to update WOLips/Eclipse to get the fix that I think went in late November.

The class that is not found is definitely in the rome jar.

Search the archives for Transitive. It's a transitive dependency problem.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck