On Oct 4, 2009, at 3:35 AM, Jake Bearkley wrote:

Hi All,

I am still having these ant build file size issues.

I have analysed the resulting dist directories and there appears to be some recursive action happening.
8550+ extra files are being added during the build

an example
./Contents/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework

That would be your problem right there. It should NOT be embedding the Java JVM. Check your build file for something that is picking up Java* for embedding perhaps? It looks like it is grabbing this when it gets JavaWebObjects etc.

Chuck

/Resources/VisualVM.bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/ Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/bundle/Contents/Home/platform9/ update_tracking/org-netbeans-modules-autoupdate-ui.xml

when I delete the symbolic links
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Home/ bundle -> ../ /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Resources/ VisualVM.bundle/Contents/Home/bundle -> ../..

the build works fine and the size returns to the expected value

this is not a solution, but at least I can get a production deploy done !!! Eclipse doesn't start without the symbolic links and I hate to think of other side effects of removing these links.

so to get any work done I have to
1) create links
2) start eclipse
3) remove symbolic links