The WebObjects application I have built is running in an iFrame in another
website which is built statically. Now the question was to be able to send
links to specific information about performances (it's for a theater) that is
in the WebObjects application.

That in itself was accomplished with a Direct Action that points to a specific
performance, something along the line of
http://www.sometheater.nl/apps/WebObjects/reservation.woa/wa/showPerformance?performnanceid=999.
 That is also what I am using to point from a HTML page to a specific
performance in the iFrame.

The question was then asked that it would be nice to have the whole website
around it, so that people get pointed back to the website.

Getting the complete website around it is not too difficult: just send a
Location redirect if there is a request that does not come from the master
website pages (in the call to the directAction I would add some variable
FromMasterWebsite=yes that would assume the application running as an iFrame in
the website).

First question is how to get the Location: redirect running? I tried
response.appendHeader("http://www.sometheater.nl";, "Location");
to add to the response header, but that does not seem to be enough.

Second question is how can I get point from the master website to the same
performance? Is there some trickery with javascript that would accomplish in a
way that the website would still be able to be loaded as static pages, but
having the ability to call via a javascript:onload() or something that would
point to the correct DirectAction link and performanceid?

Regards,

Johan Henselmans
http://www.netsense.nl
Tel: +31-20-6267538