Hello David;

>> I seem to have problems with the "DataSource" API change between 1.6 and 1.5
>> which only seem to be able to be resolved by reverting to a 1.5 javac –– has
>> anybody else worked around this?
>
> I've not had any problem building with 1.6 for deployment on 1.5. FMI, what
> are you doing that is encountering the DataSource API changes?

Download LEWOStuff and have a look at the class "LEPooledDataSource" -- this
compiles ok on 1.6 now, but won't compile with 1.5.  I'm presently doing a
tricky-swap-out of the source code at build time on a 1.5 machine.  I don't
want to install old-er JVM's on my MacOS-X 10.6 machine in case something
breaks.

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay