So, I'm starting to wonder if something broke/changed in Wonder. I've set up
test projects that list two DBs in the Properties file for two models, but only
one is ever added to the connection dictionary. Does there need to workable
values for the default database in the eomodeld directory itself?

This has worked for me before, with one framework model and one local project
model. This time, i have two models in one framework.