On Oct 5, 2011, at 12:06 PM, Larry Mills-Gahl wrote:

> I have a background thread task that gathers and renders some pdf reports
> that is recently broken apparently in checking package access  in the class
> loader.
> This used to work. I recently upgraded to Lion on my dev laptop and this is
> the first time I've worked on this part of the app so I'm not sure this is
> the cause, but it is a coincidence. This project used to work well being
> launched from Eclipse or on deployment.
>
> When I try to debug the app with a breakpoint on the creation of a jfree
> chart graph, stepping into that constructor sends me into
> Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).checkPackageAccess and there it sits.
>
> I saw some messages earlier last month about "Interface file not loaded" that
> seemed to point to a similar problem with static initializers.  I've checked
> the static declarations and don't see any (obvious) problems.
>
> Can anybody suggest debugging techniques or places to look where I can get
> more information on what it's trying to load that is causing the loader
> problems?
>
> Larry Mills-Gahl
> l...@webfarm.com

This almost sounds like one of the old problems where headless applications
could not generate graphic objects on the server. I wonder if Lion has changed
anything in this area. If JFreeChart is trying to load code that will be
dynamically constructing jpegs, or something like that, this could happen.

I am not yet working on Lion, but it sounds as though a _lot_ of things were
changed in Lion. This could be one of them.