Hi Jesse,

> seems like that's worth a patch of code to wonder, no?

Perhaps, but not in its current form, as it's quite specific.

> I think a lot of people have diverging implementations that could use
> consolidation and I'd like to move to something more common between
> everyone myself, so I'd like to see that happen if it can be done in such
> a way that makes sense.

Sure thing. My requirements are specific - region and bucket info coming
from the db, determined by ownership/client/what-have-you. Link-lifes
determined at runtime. This is probably not everyone's aim, so yes, we'd
need to determine common intentions. Mine are, well, in this thread.

I think other people may want to persist object acls at some point. There
are other considerations.

Is this list the correct space to be discussing this, or is there another
setting more appropriate?

Cheers,

Matt