Aloha over there in Bhutranio!

> There's TWO WebObjects developers on Iceland?!

There are more. "Atli Páll" is the pseudonym our 2000+ strong Icelandic iTunes
Store slave labor camp posts under.

> Are you real, or just the corporeal manifestation of the second, blurry Hugi

I'm not blurry, I'm big boned.

> Ant is pretty simple. Mostly I don't even think about the Ant portion of my
> WO projects other than to tell Hudson that it has to issue an Ant command to
> build the project.

Before you can even think about building WO projects using Ant you have to at
least have woproject.jar in your Ant plugin classpath. And then, the only
reason you don't think much about Ant is that Someone Else wrote a >200 line
Ant script for you (that you are required to copy verbatim for each and every
WO project you create. How's that for reusability).

> How is Maven more simple than that? It always seems like Maven becomes an
> active part of your project as opposed to being a background thing.

Well, the whole "background thing" during development, that makes WO
development great has nothing to do with Ant. That's enabled by WOLips,
Eclipse, and a lot of work from great people.

The initial setup of a Maven environment for WO development may take an hour or
two—that's because WO is proprietary and thus requires some installation. But
once your environment is properly set up, Maven works great. I started out the
easy way—just added a "pom.xml" to my standard frameworks alongside the
"build.xml"-files (like Project Wonder does). But eventually, you'll want to
use all the amazing features Maven has to offer.

And it's so much simpler than the 200+ lines of procedural code every single
simple little WO application requires to even build with Ant.