On 2011-11-16, at 2:54 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:

> Hello;
>
> On 17/11/11 11:42 AM, Chuck Hill wrote:
> > That has been pretty much my experience with it.  When it "just
> > works" it is great.  But...
>
> Yes maven is very 'not fun' when it doesn't "just work".
>
> It's interesting (to me) that the disadvantage in ant is maven's advantage
> and the disadvantage in maven is ant's advantage.

I think that means they are both the wrong answer.  I am certainly no fan of
Ant.

>  I heard or read that 'ant with ivy' is a good middle ground, but I haven't
> had the opportunity to try that yet; anybody else?

I've very briefly looked at it and then went back to solving problems that I
actually had.

Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.