> And Wonder have ERCayenne :-)

... i know - Wonder got everything :D I've learned loving it in it's special
way. I will take a look at ERCayenne...

>> I think it is possible, but not very practical. The last time I looked (long
>> time ago admittedly) you could achieve multithreading, at the expense of
>> throughput (threads waiting on a shared lock).
>>
>> I'd use Cayenne for this. Seriously ... there's no tie in to the WO UI in
>> case of Quartz headless processor, so it should be much easier switch
>> compared to a webapp. I've done a bunch of Cayenne/Quartz projects for
>> different customers, and parallel execution has never been a problem.

I got a mid sized codebase which is highly based on webobjects / wonder and
don't have the resources to convert that to a cayenne application. For the
first, it would be nice to achieve that with Webobjects/Wonder stuff.

And for the other postings - I will take a look at these Background Tasks...
thanks

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Paul Dunkler