On Mar 14, 2012, at 7:33 PM, Rich wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I can't seem to find a way to do a sort order based on the Entity objects
> Primary Key in an ERXRestFetchSpecification (the defaultSortOrdering
> specifier)
>
> I seem to be able to sort by any of the Attributes/Properties but not the PK
> (which I've called 'id') - Am I missing something glaringly obvious (probably)
>
> Cheers,
> Rich

Is the "id" attribute a class property? It is usual that it is not. If it is
not, then it will not be usable in this manner.

Keeping in mind the fact that the pk of the table should be something invisible
outside the table, so that nothing outside the table can impose a meaning on it
and thereby want to change it, why would you want to sort by the pk?

You should probably sort by something that means something. The pk should not
mean anything. On the other hand, if you make the "id" attribute into a class
property, the EOF gods will probably not smite you with righteous lightning and
thunder. It just makes for a less clean schema design.

- ray