At the moment I probably do not see the forest for the trees anymore.

I have the following model: edoc <-->> ref <<--> param

params is a fixed pool of given objects A, B, C, etc out of which an edoc can
reference any number of them. When such a reference is established the user
must add some comment text to the ref.

My query problem:

The user sits on the edoc query page in a D2W app and wants to find all edocs
that match some attribute on a ref, possibly in conjunction with other
selection criteria based on edoc attributes. The user interface is as such that
there is a list of all possible param assignments with a text field each. The
user may now want to find all edocs that have a particular assignment to one or
more params and the comment field on the ref-object contains "xyz". I have to
build a query that may look something like
select from all edoc where edoc has a ref to a given param and the ref has a
comment field that contains "xyz".
Actually it could be even more complex: the user might specify several comment
values resulting a query like "where the edoc has a ref to param A with comment
value xyz or the edoc has a ref to param B with comment value PQR or the edoc
has a ref to param E with comment value STU...". Oh, and the user might want to
specify other qualifying values for the edocs he/she is looking for.

Any idea how to construct a proper query to qualify the display group for such
a QueryEDoc pageConfiguration? I guess I would need to have a custom property
level query component with key and displayGroup bindings. But then...?

Thanks a lot
---markus---