¡Hola Hugo!

On 2012-07-12, at 11:46 AM, Hugo Cambero wrote:

> Hi Everybody
>
> My name is Hugo, I'm from Mexico. I have been developing using WebObjects and
> Wonder Frameworks, I'm newbie in this topic.

Welcome!

> Well, I have a problem, I hope you can help me. I'm developing a test
> application, I want to learn about EOF.
>
> I have 2 entities, that I created using EOModel. The first entity is: User,
> the second is Role. The relationship between the entities is: One user
> can have many Roles.
>
> Well, I tried to insert a row using the next code:
>
>                     EOEditingContext ec = ERXEC.newEditingContext();
>                     Role userRole = Role.fetchRole( ec, Role.NAME.eq("user")
> ); //Get the correct Role to the new user
>
>                     User newUser = new User();

It is very, very important to immediately do this after creating an EO:
>                     ec.insertObject( newUser );                    //Insert
> object to the EOEditingContext

Fix that, and your code will work.

You can find some more information here:
http://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/WO/EOF-Using+EOF-The+EOF+Commandments

Chuck

--
Chuck Hill             Senior Consultant / VP Development

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall
knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.
http://www.global-village.net/gvc/practical_webobjects