On Aug 28, 2012, at 12:46 AM, Ramsey Gurley wrote:

> I'm actually seeing a lot less of this on JDK7 and Eclipse 4.2. Like, not at
> all yet.

You are a lucky man. I started getting them as soon as I opened my workspace in
4.2. Admittedly, I'm still on JDK6 though.

> I know in 3.7, you could right click them in the "Problems" list and delete
> them.
>
> I don't know if that's another feature that was removed from  4.2 though…

Nope, it's still there in 4.2. I've used it to delete the same @#$%^& invalid
validation errors as 3.7 had. Deleting is the only way I've found to reliably
get rid of them. Often "The Eclipse Dance™" that Maik refers to simply doesn't
work.

> I hate the new tab ordering (lack of it) and miss the fast view feature.

But you can now pull an editor tab out to it's own window. When you have dual
screens, that rocks!

Dave

> Ramsey
>

> On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:31 AM, Maik Musall wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I frequently have false validation errors in WOLips, causing random
>> components to be flagged. Usually I have to do a random series of project
>> clean and Eclipse restart to make it go away. Example with an WOImage
>> binding (mouse hovering over the red X to show the error text):
>>
>> <woimage_validation_fail.png>
>>
>> Clearly, these bindings are valid.
>>
>> Was like this with Eclipse 3.6 and 3.7, and apparently is still the same
>> with 4.2.
>>
>> This project-clean and eclipse-restart thing is annoying and only a
>> workaround anyway, but all my colleagues suffer from the same thing as well,
>> so I thought I'd ask here. Does anyone know a solution to this problem?
>>
>> Maik
>>
>> This email sent to rgur...@smarthealth.com

> This email sent to webobje...@avendasora.com

WebObjects - so easy that even Dave Avendasora can do it!™
David Avendasora
Senior Software Abuser
Kaiten, Inc.