there is something weird, I tried yesterday a very similar stuff and no issues

        <wo:AjaxPing targetContainerID="totalUpdateContainer"
cacheKey="$cacheKey" frequency=1000 stop="false" />
        <h1>Your cart</h1>
                <wo:form action = "$updateCart" multipleSubmit = "true">
                                        <th class="image">Image</th>
                                        <th class="title">Title</th>
                                        <th class="quantity">Quantity</th>
                                        <th class="price">Price</th>
                                        <th class="total">Total</th>
                                        <th class="remove">Remove</th>
                                <wo:loop
list="$cartDisplayGroup.displayedObjects" item = "$aCartItem" index =
"$rowIndex">
cause obviously flickering on update
src="$aCartItem.product.image.thumbnail.fileUrl" /></td>
"$aCartItem.product.title" /></td>
                                                <wo:AjaxObserveField
updateContainerID = "$rowID" observeFieldFrequency = "1" fullSubmit = "true" >
                                                        <wo:textfield
class="quantity" value = "$aCartItem.quantity" />
                                                </wo:AjaxObserveField>
"$aCartItem.frozenPrice" numberformat = "#0.00" /></td>
                                                <wo:AjaxUpdateContainer
elementName = "span" id="$rowID">€ <wo:string value =
"$aCartItem.totalDacPrice" numberformat = "#0.00" /></wo:AjaxUpdateContainer>
action="$removeFromCart">Remove</wo:link></td>
                                </wo:loop>
                        <wo:AjaxUpdateContainer id = "totalUpdateContainer"
style="margin-top:30px">
value = "$session.getAuthenticatedReseller.workingCart.totalPrice" numberformat
value = "$session.getAuthenticatedReseller.workingCart.taxes" numberformat =
"#0.00" /></td>
TOTAL</td>
value = "$session.getAuthenticatedReseller.workingCart.totalPriceWithTaxes"
numberformat = "#0.00" /></td>
                        </wo:AjaxUpdateContainer>
"$updateCart" value = "Update quantities" /></p>
"$submitOrder" value = "CheckOut" /></p>
                </wo:form>