You don't "have" to create one if you use the ERDControllerButton.

pageConfiguration = "EditBlah" => displayPropertyKeys = ("(section)",
"property", "myControllerAction") [Assignment]
propertyKey = myControllerAction => componentName = "ERDControllerButton"
[Assignment]
pageConfiguration = "EditBlah" and propertyKey = "myControllerAction" =>
pageController = "com.myapp.controllers.EditBlahController"
[ERDDelayedObjectCreationAssignment]

public class EditBlahController extends ERDBranchDelegate {
        public WOComponent newBlah(WOComponent sender) {
                //TODO Create new blah
        }
}

Ramsey