Hi Pascal,
In some cases, yes.  In other cases, the machine in question maybe attached to
another device like say a medical instrument or is doing something.   In other
cases, it may be the graphics card that is supplying its computational power
via OpenCL as a kind of GPGPU cloud to feed WO.  In either case, the key is
that WO is connecting to the underlying hardware that it is running on.  Thus,
this is where some interface like SWIG+WO comes in to play.  Hopefully,  since
SWIG supports POJO then it can work.  Also, it would be nice to incorporate
REST and D2W into the app on the premise that the app is not a desktop at all,
but some embedded device.  Wild, but we are WebObjects developers.  That is
what we do.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone