You know, the best way to find out what the parameters or the method signature
is supposed to be is to go directly to the class you are using.

Get your classpath, find the jar that has the class with the method in it and
do:

        % javap -classpath <jarfile> <full class name>

See below. If you want the answer, best thing is the ask the actual thing you
are actually using….

cheers - ray

$ javap -classpath
/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaFoundation.framework/Resources/Java/javafoundation.jar
 com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization
Compiled from "NSPropertyListSerialization.java"
public class com.webobjects.foundation.NSPropertyListSerialization extends
java.lang.Object{
    public static final java.lang.Class _CLASS;
    public static final boolean Indents;
    public static final boolean NoIndents;
    public static final boolean ForceXML;
    public static java.lang.String stringFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object);
    public static java.lang.String stringFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object,
boolean);
    public static java.lang.String xmlStringFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object);
    public static java.lang.String xmlStringFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object,
boolean);
    static boolean startsWithXMLDeclaration(java.lang.String);
    public static java.lang.Object propertyListFromString(java.lang.String);
    public static java.lang.Object propertyListFromString(java.lang.String,
boolean);
    public static java.lang.Object propertyListWithPathURL(java.net.URL);
    public static java.lang.Object propertyListWithPathURL(java.net.URL,
boolean);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSData
dataFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSData
dataFromPropertyList(java.lang.Object, java.lang.String);
    public static java.lang.Object
propertyListFromData(com.webobjects.foundation.NSData);
    public static java.lang.Object
propertyListFromData(com.webobjects.foundation.NSData, java.lang.String);
    public static boolean booleanForString(java.lang.String);
    public static int intForString(java.lang.String);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSArray
arrayWithPathURL(java.net.URL);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSArray
arrayWithPathURL(java.net.URL, boolean);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSArray
arrayForString(java.lang.String);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSArray
arrayForString(java.lang.String, boolean);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSDictionary
dictionaryWithPathURL(java.net.URL);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSDictionary
dictionaryWithPathURL(java.net.URL, boolean);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSDictionary
dictionaryForString(java.lang.String);
    public static com.webobjects.foundation.NSDictionary
dictionaryForString(java.lang.String, boolean);
    static {};
}