Hi Gino,

On 2014-07-03, 2:29 AM, "Gino Pacitti" wrote:

Ok so I have 3 servers.

Server1 WOMonitor, WOTaskd, Apache2

Why is wotaskd on this machine if there are no applications?

Server2 WOTaskd, Apache2, WOApplications

Why is Apache on this machine if it is also on Server 1?

This is not necessarily wrong, just curious.

Server3 Database

I have DNS and reverse look up on 2 domains. domain1.com points to Server1 and
domain2 points to Server2

Server1 has the WOAdaptor loaded and has this setting in

/etc/httpd/conf.d/webobjects.conf
WebObjectsConfig http://domain1.com:1085,http://domain2.com:1085 10

Properties file for wotaskd properties
/opt/Local/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/Contents/Resources/Properties
WOHost=domain1.com

Server2 has the WOAdaptor loaded and has this setting in

/etc/httpd/conf.d/webobjects.conf
WebObjectsConfig http://domain1.com:1085,http://domain2.com:1085 10

/opt/Local/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/Contents/Resources/Properties
WOHost=domain2.com

————————————————

Using WOMonitor on Server1 I have both HOSTS set up and can view the config
files from both WOTaskd SiteConfig.xml

I have an instance set up but it just will not start….

Won’t start (probably a permissions problem on the log file or path to log
file) or Monitor does not see it start (communications problem).

There is no WOHost set in the application Properties file or WOPort setting.

I’d set the WOHost to the domain of the server.

I have debugging turned  on but it never creates the log file in location...

That does sound like a permission problem.

Any help in resolving this?

I presented some improvements to wotaskd and Monitor at WOWODC this year.  You
can get the presentation from the community site and the code from
https://github.com/chillatgvc/wonder/tree/WOWODC14

It provides much better debug and diagnostic information.  See if that sheds
some light on your problem.