Hi all,

I seem to be missing something with the wonder Property

er.migration.skipModelNames

If I have an application-level Model, say "AppLevelModel", which has an EO or
two with relationships to a framework model, say "ERAttachment", and have the
following Properties in the application:

er.migration.migrateAtStartup=true
er.migration.createTablesIfNecessary=true
er.migration.modelNames=AppLevelModel
er.migration.skipModelNames=ERAttachment

what should I expect to occur at runtime? As it stands, the migration process
attempts to run the ERAttachment0 java class, which is not really what I want,
and fails as those tables are already in the db. I perhaps naively expected all
values in that property to be skipped.

This comes about (for me at least) when introducing the migration pattern into
an existing application with a db schema already up and running. I obviously
want to keep my db values in place and not have to 'start from scratch'.

Anyone used/using er.migration.skipModelNames? I have an (ugly) workaround, but
I'd like to know if my understanding of the pattern is wrong.

Regards,

Matt
--
http://logicsquad.net