On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 14:56:49 -0700
Timothy Worman <li...@thetimmy.com> wrote:

> All:
>
> This week I had something happen that I’d never experienced before. I
> had two EO’s get inserted without incrementing the pk value in
> EO_PK_TABLE. The app is a self-serve account creation tool that
> injects records into LDAP - so the EO is <Person>.
>
> The last id’s to be used for this Person entity were:
>
> 16662 2014-06-25 13:57:33 -0700
> 16663 2014-06-25 13:59:49 -0700
> 16664 2014-07-02 08:25:37 -0700
> 16665 2014-07-02 12:35:36 -0700
>
> Jul 02 12:02:43PM I have a person trying to create a record for
> themselves and it attempts to use 16662 as the person_id. Then, at
> Jul 02 12:11:23PM, there is an attempt by the same person and the pk
> selected is 16663.
>
> On the chance that this possibly continues to happen, where should I
> be looking to figure out what might be occurring here.
>
> Tim
> UCLA GSE&IS

Are you doing some things to this table in another app also? I may be
confused here. LDAP is handled by the JavaJNDIAdaptor framework.
References to the EO_PK_TABLE appear only in the JavaDJDBCAdaptor
framework.

I can see that there is code in the newPrimaryKeys() method in the
JDBCPlugin class that manipulates the EO_PK_TABLE. I do not see
anything similar in the primaryKeysForNewRowsWithEntity() method in the
JNDIChannel class. Since LDAP is not a relational database, what sort
of primary keys do you think are being used?

Insofar as LDAP has keys, they seem to be strings. So again, what would
the EO_PK_TABLE, which stores numbers, do with them?

Your info suggests that this sometimes works and sometimes does not. I
do not see how it would ever work. Any ideas?

- ray