I can’t believe I got it to work. My full steps:

Install eclipse 4.4 ( I put it in   /Developer/Applications/eclipse44   )

add  eclipse.home=/Developer/Applications/eclipse44
to my   ~/Library/wobuild.properties

cd ~/Repository
git clone https://github.com/wocommunity/wolips.git wolips-4_4
cd wolips-4_4
git fetch origin pull/109/head:eclipse_4_4
git checkout eclipse_4_4

ant -Dbuild.version=4.4.0

I watched the compilation go by and had multiple errors. Some pointed to
missing JRebel. So I added an update site to my installation of Eclipse 4.4 to
point to JRebel and installed it. Other errors pointed to missing JProfiler. so
I installed that. one of the last instructions was to point the JProfiler at my
Eclipse installation.

I tried again:

ant -Dbuild.version=4.4.0

voilà I got a Build Successful

I ran eclipse 4.4 and followed the instructions on the wiki:
http://wiki.wocommunity.org/display/WOL/Building+WOLips

I am successfully running Eclipse 4.4 with the improved WOLips and so far have
not exploded.

I don’t understand why I had to install JRebel and JProfiler for the build to
succeed.