Hello List,
 I’m in the process of upgrading a server to El Capitan and apache is giving me
the below segmentation fault whenever I try to bring up a page on my
application:

        [Tue Nov 24 23:19:32 2015] [notice] child pid 97433 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I’ve seen a few things about MPM worker vs prefork that says to run with MPM
prefork.  When I do a httpd -V I get:

Server version: Apache/2.2.31 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov 25 2015 11:47:12
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:40
Server loaded:  APR 1.5.2, APR-Util 1.5.4
Compiled using: APR 1.5.2, APR-Util 1.5.4
Architecture:   64-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
 threaded:     no
   forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
-D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
-D APR_HAS_SENDFILE
-D APR_HAS_MMAP…

So I think  i am running prefork, and I couldn’t find anything in httpd.conf
that looks like it overrides the default.

Note that I’m currently running a version of Apache installed by MacPorts.

Is there anything else that might cause this?

Also I was wondering is there any reason to buy the El Capitan Server
application if I’m only using this machine for deployment?

Thanks!
Jeff