Aha, I see — I thought Eclipse uses Direct Connect, just as Xcode used to (and
mine still does).

In that case, beside the adaptor log, I would probably

(a) try Direct Connect; no timeouts in this mode;
(b) add extra logs to show when the R/R loop begins, how it runs, and when it
ends, to see what takes that long (and how long precisely).

All the best,
OC