Hello,

I’m working on an app where some page-level informational messages (such as
validation problems) are stored in ERXThreadStorage, and displayed by the page
wrapper. This works great for full page loads.

In a few places, I’m doing some Ajax submissions with AjaxSubmitButton. In the
usual case, nothing goes wrong and an AjaxUpdateContainer displays some new
information. I figured that a reasonable way to display validation errors from
these Ajax submissions would be to stash the messages in ERXThreadStorage in
the usual way, and then use ERXRedirect and its setComponentToPage() to just
force a full page reload. This all works except (critically) the _retrieval_ of
the messages from ERXThreadStorage—there’s nothing there. Is this expected? Is
the invocation of the action method by the Ajax submission on a different
thread?

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/