Hi Chuck,

Once you said it was transactional I suspected something was getting EOF in
this state and I discovered an exception that once I took care of it seems to
have taken care of this one as well.

I did not go into enough detail to fully understand the dynamics of what was
going on though.  We have a transaction extender attached to the main editing
context which prevents EOF from committing the transaction.  For example, we do
this to generate a SELECT FOR UPDATE NOWAIT to lock a record and hold on to
that lock until we do saveChanges() on that editing context which commits the
transaction.  While we are holding this lock we local instance EOs into a peer
editing context.  We do a lot of processing with our EOs in this peer editing
context but changes here are not supposed to be saved to the database.
However, some piece of code was trying to saveChanges() and generated an EOF
error about unable to increment snapshot count.  I simply corrected this code
so it does not call saveChanges() in this editing context and the other problem
magically went away.

Thanks for the help.