On Sep 29, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Paul Hoadley
<pa...@logicsquad.net<mailto:pa...@logicsquad.net>> wrote:

On 29 Sep 2016, at 7:31 PM, Chuck Hill
<ch...@gevityinc.com<mailto:ch...@gevityinc.com>> wrote:

Backtracking?

I can't seem to reproduce it in development using backtracking, but _who knows_
what the users are doing in real life.

Amen brother! Is The object in question ever deleted?

Potentially, but can't be deleted by the user that's seeing this error. So it
could have been deleted by _someone else_ quite definitely, though in another
EC.

Bingo!  If the EC on the Page is getting unlocked and locked again then this is
probably what it is

It could be somebody backtracking to before a deletion and then doing something
else. I don't see how else it could have a null editing context.

I'll see if I can simulate that.

Or perhaps an inserted object and it gets reverted and then they backtrack over
that?

Don't think that's happening.

When do you dispose of the EC?

I don't formally dispose of it. I just let it eventually fall out of scope and
get GC'd. Is that a bad idea?

No but seems the right thing to do. I was just trying to understand how it was
getting a null editing context

When should you normally explicitly dispose() an EC? That's really not
something I do very much of at all.

--
Paul Hoadley
http://logicsquad.net/