On the previous page that triggers the direct action, add the context id.

<wo:loop list=$languages item=$language>
        <wo:link directActionName=“language" string=$language ?lang=$language
?ctxKey=$context.contextID/>
</wo:loop>

Then in the direct action

String cid = context().request().stringFormValueForKey(“ctxKey”);
if(cid != null) return session().restorePageForContextID(cid);