You can add each subfolder in your “components”-folder as a resource folder.
It’s a pretty horrifying workaround, though and I think we should change the
wolifecycle-plugin and align the behaviour with ant's (i.e. subfolders in the
components directory should always be flattened by default).

But for the workaround; add the <resources> element to your pom's build
element. Each subfolder gets its own <resource> tag.

<build>
        …
        <resources>
                <resource>