> Am 07.08.2017 um 01:45 schrieb Theodore Petrosky <tedp...@yahoo.com>:
>
> Ubuntu….. I only ever use Centos.
>
> where does wotaskd.woa and javamonitor.woa live? did you chown them after
> they were installed? So that they will run with the appserver:appserveradm
> user. Check and make sure.

They run like that.

> you said you disabled all the references to ‘cgi-bin’. Personally I would
> make it work as the instructions say, then start playing around with removing
> that kind of stuff.

The instructions don’t say how the rest of the apache config has to look like.

The default httpd.conf has references to the default cgi-bin directory and adds
a script alias for it.

On Ubuntu, that threw-off webobjects. In any case,

But, because I looked at the startup-script again, I realized that I had
changed it previously (by request of the application-administrator) to make
wotaskd listen on the first IP of the server, instead of 127.0.0.1.

Once I changed that in the apache webobjects configuration, it actually started
to work.

I had forgotten about that change.
I have to ask him, if he still needs it.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Rainer