localInstance is the correct answer.

Chuck

From: Webobjects-dev
<webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com> on behalf of
Theodore Petrosky <tedp...@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 11:42 AM
To: André Rothe <andre.ro...@phosco.info>
Cc: WebObjects-Dev <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com>
Subject: Re: Object registered within another EditingContext

I don’t know if this could help but, in the generated code of an entity is a
method:  (localInstanceIn)

  public com.eltek.model.Person localInstanceIn(EOEditingContext
editingContext) {
    com.eltek.model.Person localInstance =
(com.eltek.model.Person)EOUtilities.localInstanceOfObject(editingContext, this);
    if (localInstance == null) {
      throw new IllegalStateException("You attempted to localInstance " + this
+ ", which has not yet committed.");
    }
    return localInstance;
  }

of course you could create a new entity in your new editingContext and copy
over the attributes, or as you suggest fetch the entity again (in the new
editingContext).

I would look for what has the least keystrokes.

Ted

On Oct 12, 2017, at 2:23 PM, André Rothe