the server in any way can keep the instance alive for a long period of time.
You would need to distinguish those from regular user actions and allow the
session to terminate if no user actions have been received in the session
timeout period.  I have done this before, though I forget the specifics of what
I did.  I can look it up if you need.   Diagnosing this is trickier.  I’d look
at something like adding a direct action that can dump out the session store,
and the last N request URLs.

Chuck

On 2017-11-21, 5:29 AM, "Webobjects-dev on behalf of Leigh Kivenko"
<webobjects-dev-bounces+chill=gevityinc....@lists.apple.com on behalf of
lei...@portfolioaid.com> wrote:

    Hello,
    We have our instances set to automatically restart daily at 3am. We run
multiple instances and see different behavior. Sometimes all instances restart
fine, sometimes one or more might not restart but refuse new requests (it's
just dormant), and sometimes one or more might not restart and continues to
accept requests.

    This started happening after moving from RHEL5 and Java 6 to RHEL7 and Java
8 but I don't think that's necessarily the issue since we have other
environments with similar setup and we aren't seeing the same thing. The only
thing unique about this environment is that the database is on a separate
server (but that was the case before the move to RHEL7). I'm assuming there's
something messed up in our WebObjects or OS config, but don't know what to look
for, and because the issue occurs sporadically (and apparently randomly), not
sure where to start.

    Has anyone ever seen this before or have any ideas on how to debug?

    Thanks,

    Leigh Kivenko | VP, Technology
    PortfolioAid
    t. 416-479-0523 | e. lei...@portfolioaid.com

    This e-mail may be privileged and confidential. If you received this e-mail
in error, please do not use, copy or distribute it, but advise me immediately
(by return e-mail or otherwise), and delete the e-mail.

    This email sent to ch...@gevityinc.com