On 8/19/18 12:46 PM, Michael Kondratov wrote:

Valerio,
What sort of error are you getting? What DB are you connecting to?

Michael

Thanks for your reply Michael.

So, this is an out-of-the-box MariaDB installation:

   $ mysql -V
   mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.39, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.2

To eliminate any issues having to do with schemas, etc, I tried:

   String dbUser = "user";
   String dbPass = "password";
   String dbURL = new String("jdbc:mysql://server/Default";

   EOModel model = EOModelGroup.defaultGroup().modelNamed("Default");
   NSMutableDictionary<String, Object> loginValues = new
NSMutableDictionary<String, Object>();
   loginValues.takeValueForKey(dbUser, "username");
   loginValues.takeValueForKey(dbPass, "password");
   loginValues.takeValueForKey(dbURL, "URL");
   EODatabaseContext.forceConnectionWithModel(model, loginValues,
ERXEC.newEditingContext());

Of course all strings contain the correct parameters.

The error I get is:

   <WorkerThread10>
<com.webobjects.appserver._private.WOComponentRequestHandler>: Exception occurred
while handling request:
   N/A
   <WorkerThread10> N/A
        at com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCContext.connect(JDBCContext.java:222)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCContext._tryConnect(JDBCContext.java:362)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCContext._channelWillOpen(JDBCContext.java:505)
        at
com.webobjects.jdbcadaptor.JDBCChannel.openChannel(JDBCChannel.java:111)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseChannel._openChannel(EODatabaseChannel.java:713)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.availableChannel(EODatabaseContext.java:1324)
        at
com.webobjects.eoaccess.EODatabaseContext.forceConnectionWithModel(EODatabaseContext.java:1127)

This snippet works if I run it on my MacBook with High Sierra, but gives me an error when I run it on the RH server. I'm not sure how to start debugging this.

--
Valerio Luccio          (212) 998-8736
Center for Brain Imaging                4 Washington Place, Room 158

   "In an open world, who needs windows or gates ?"