Hi there,

just have bumped into another weird (at least to me) behaviour.

In my model, there used to be a very standard M:N relationship, which exploits
an “invisible” intermediate table, flattened “direct” relationships ad both
sides.

One of the sides lately went to the sharedEC; thus I made sure to delete this
side's flattened relationship. The other side and the intermediate table both
stay outside of the sharedEC, so I thought that is all right.

It failed miserably with “The shared context recently initialized the object
<non-shared-one> which is already registered in this context yadda yadda”,
i.e., EOF for some godforsaken reason kept loading the non-shared object (the
one whose relationship remained intanct) into SEC along with the shared one
(whose relationship were removed all right, no traces remained; I have checked
about zillion times).

Out of desperation, I have just tried to remov the flattened relationship from
the non-shared side, exposing instead the intermediate table, and replacing the
flattened relationship by something like

===
    List availablePrototypes { // this is how the original flattened rel has
been named
        def mn=this.db_Prototype_DataBlock // 1:N relationship to the
intermediate table, exposed
        mn.collect {
            it.valueForKey('prototype') // N:1 relationship from the inmdt
table to the shared object
        }
    }
===

and it seems to work all right :-O So, it looks like the culprit was the
existence of the flattened rel with definiton
“db_Prototype_DataBlock.prototype” at the non-shared side.

Is that the intended behaviour? Seems pretty weird to me, but as always, I
might be overlooking something of importance. Or should that work even with the
flattened relationship, and the problems mean I must have done something wrong
elsewhere?

Thanks and all the best,
OC