Hello WOPeople,

I was wondering if someone can spare some insight about an issue I have with my
IDE.

This is something that has been going on for years, but I never decided to look
into it until now.

My eclipse has issues in dealing with, ** I think **, locating source code
files for open projects.

Symptoms:
1. In any stack trace html page, the nice fancy linked methods never work.
Clicking on the equivalent linked version in my console does work however.
2. All the WOLips framework / Click To Open features don’t work

To test it I created a new empty workspace and then two new empty projects. One
with the WebObjects Application and the other with the Wonder Application.

The regular WebObject Application does not launch. I haven’t been trying a non
wonder app since ages so I don’t know if it’s supposed to work out of the box
or not. I get:
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: <com.tuorlo.Test.Application> Class
> 'Session' exists (interface org.apache.axis.session.Session) but is not a
> subclass of WOSession.

Googling I found Chuck suggestion to add the following to my Application class:
> protected Class _sessionClass() {
>       return Session.class;
> }
It got me past the Session issue but into a similar:
> com.webobjects.appserver.WOPageNotFoundException:
> <com.tuorlo.Test.Application>: Unable to create page 'Main’.
The pageWithName() method can't find the Main class. Is this known or is it
only me?
This might or might not be connected with my original issue.

I then stopped and tried the Wonder Application. This one works flawlessly
except for the stack trace issue. I wrote a method just to throw an exception
and get the page. When I click on the links of the page I get:
> (ERXNSLogLog4jBridge.java:47) [DEBUG] _WOProject: could not find path to
> source file for com.tuorlo.TestWo.components.Main Main.java

I spent half a day fumbling around the startup code of this app, decompiling
_WOProject, _NSProjectBundle and _IDEProject but it get’s very confusing and
eclipse seems a little inconsistent when it comes to breakpoints on the
decompiled classes.

To test I just installed a fresh Eclipse Oxygen, I have Java 1.8, I’m on High
Sierra. WebObjects was reinstalled recently. Wonder’s master branch from
yesterday was freshly compiled from the command line.
My ~/Library/Application Support/WOLips/wolips.properties contains:

> wo.api.root=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Developer/Documentation/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.WebObjectsReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/InternetWeb/Reference/WO_BundleReference
> wo.apps.root=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/User/Applications
> wo.bootstrapjar=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/System/Library/WebObjects/JavaApplications/wotaskd.woa/WOBootstrap.jar
> wo.dir.local.library=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Library
> wo.dir.local.library.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Library/Frameworks
> wo.dir.reference.api=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Developer/Documentation/com.apple.ADC_Reference_Library.WebObjectsReference.docset/Contents/Resources/Documents/documentation/InternetWeb/Reference/WO_BundleReference
> wo.dir.system.library=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/System/Library
> wo.dir.system.library.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/System/Library/Frameworks
> wo.dir.user.home.library=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/User
> wo.dir.user.home.library.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/User/Frameworks
> wo.extensions=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Library/WebObjects/Extensions
> wo.external.root=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/User/Build
> wo.local.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/Library/Frameworks
> wo.local.root=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects
> wo.network.frameworks=/Network/Library/Frameworks
> wo.network.root=/Network
> wo.package.root=/Users/rdm/Desktop
> wo.system.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/System/Library/Frameworks
> wo.system.root=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/System
> wo.user.frameworks=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/User/Frameworks
> wo.user.root=/Users/rdm
> wo.ws.root=/Library/WebServer/Documents
> wolips.properties=/Users/rdm/Library/WebObjects/WOLips/wolips.properties

What’s wrong with my IDE?
Can someone point out new roads to follow to figure out what might be
incorrectly setup?

regards,
Riccardo