On Jan 13, 2020, at 5:42 AM, OCsite <o...@ocs.cz> wrote:

> Chuck,
>
>> On 13 Jan 2020, at 4:17, Chuck Hill <hill.ch...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:hill.ch...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> There must be something going on here that you are not mentioning.
>
> Definitely there is, but I had no idea what might be the culprit. Now I see
> (but still don't quite understand).
>
>> Do you have multiple EOF stacks (multiple EOObjectStoreCoordinator
>> instances)?
>
> Hmmm... yup, in most of my apps, I use for years and years
>
> er.extensions.ERXObjectStoreCoordinatorPool.maxCoordinators=3
>
> Let me see, I'll try without ... and just again, you are right! When this is
> commented out from Properties, relationships to SEC get saved properly
> (without the convoluted databaseContextWillOrderAdaptorOperations delegate of
> course).
>
> Can you please explain how this relates? I must be missing something of
> importance, but I can't see any sense in that :( How on earth might the sole
> existence of a couple of other (far as I know, pretty independent) EOF stacks
> affect the way an EODBOp creates its newRows?!? :-O

 I’ve never been much of an SEC user.  The EOSharedEditingContext is an
EOEditingContext and so it is associated with one EOObjectStoreCoordinator.
What I will guess is that the OSC of the SEC instance is != the OSC of the
EOEditingContext you are using and there is a bug because the relationship
crosses OSCs.  I doubt that is fixable, but you might find some way to use that
to come up with a better hack.  Assuming that I am correct.

> Pity I did not know sooner; perhaps I would just switch to use one stack and
> save myself all the effort with the searching for the culprit, delegate fixes
> attempt etc.
>
> I do wonder of the speed difference in practice: one coordinator would
> definitely make the app somewhat slower; on the other hand, SEC itself should
> speed it up, removing a need of many DB roundtrips... hm, perhaps it would be
> better just to forget maxCoordinators and stay at the safe side.

There is some EO cache in Wonder that I have used instead of the SEC to keep
EOs easy to get.  I forget the name now.  It is not quite as convenient but
less magic might yield better results.

This might be of use too:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/WebObjects/EOF/Using_EOF/Caching_and_Freshness#EOEntity's_Cache-In-Memory_Setting

<https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/WebObjects/EOF/Using_EOF/Caching_and_Freshness#EOEntity's_Cache-In-Memory_Setting>