Well, I don’t know the place where that log is made, but I’d guess there’s a
TON of odd things that could cause an instance to pass on a session request
like threads or memory

Have you got a handle on various measures of these instances you can compare to
historical data?

Might reveal a chance in performance rather than seemingly related code.