> On Feb 13, 2020, at 9:56 AM, Tony Giaccone via Webobjects-dev
> <webobjects-dev@lists.apple.com> wrote:
>

> I used to do WebObjects dev back in the day. Now I’m just a little curious to
> see where things stand in WOWorld.

Outstanding!

> I’m building a simple one page master detail app and I wanted to compare a
> few different frameworks and tech stacks. As part of that I thought I’d go
> back to my roots and do a WO version.
>
> But I am having trouble getting a working installation. I have a few
> questions.
>
> Can I do WODev on a Linux box? Is there a package to install on Ubuntu 18.04?

I use Amazon linux, it’s pretty much just Java.

> I see that wolips is a thing and I have installed it locally in a copy of
> eclipse 2019-12
>
> Java 1.8?

Yes indeed

> I’ve tried using the instructions I’ve found on line using the WOInstaller
> jar but I get a runtime exception.
>
> I managed to get a copy of 5.4.3 and it seems to have installed but I can’t
> create a new WOapp and not get problems with library references.  It looks
> like something installed in /opt/Library. Any suggestions to verify my WO
> package got installed correctly?

Ok, well here’s where you are having trouble

Firstly, are you sure you have the WOLipse plugin working? Eclipse should have
a specific look, eomodeler and layout options we like to use

And I’m thinking you can install your frameworks there, but I wonder if you
know to specifically add each ER framework and whatever else you need in
eclipse?

Verify those two issues and you might just be in luck - let us know.