I don't think I've ever had to attach sources of maven projects manually in
Eclipse (although I recall hitting something like this in a far past). And
given the second problem, it kind of sounds like the link between the app
project and the libraries/frameworks is completely broken.

Paul's suggestions are good, also, if you close all your projects and then open
the main (application) project, does Eclipse offer to open "related projects"
and open them for you?

Cheers,
- hugi