Florian Effenberger wrote:
during our yesterday's call, the CMS decision was taken: it will be Silverstripe as a starter, with plans to migrate to Drupal later on.

I haven't seen details, but this seems a sensible decision. This will give us the time to prepare a compelling Drupal infrastructure. Anyone available to discuss this at the next DrupalCon in Chicago http://chicago2011.drupal.org/ maybe?

...and then if the Steering Committee decides not to migrate we will just fork again! (I'm joking, of course).

Regards,
  Andrea Pescetti.