Hi David,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM, David Nelson <comme...@traduction.biz> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 18:40, Florian Effenberger
> <flo...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
>> Christian Lohmaier wrote on 2011-01-18 04.11:
>>>
>>> So I have to say: sorry for the inconvenience, but I won't roll it out
>>> on the live site without some nimimal testing.
>
> OK, sure. In fact, I was not aware that SilverStripe had both a
> blogging module *and* a news module to offer, so it certainly makes
> sense to see which is more suitable out of the two.

> As regards what one would actually *do* with the news/blogging feature:
> [...]
> Blog posts are a "more-personal/subjective" channel of communication.
>
> In contrast, the LibreOffice.org news section would be covering
> "more-global" stories / reporting about community/project life:
> announcements of new releases; announcements of new partnerships with
> companites and organizations, new memberships of organizations,
> announcement of official decisions, etc.
>
> The LibreOffice.org news section could also be a channel for
> publishing articles from guest and team contributors, etc.
>
> It would be much more of an "official mouthpiece" for the LibreOffice project.

Yes, such a section surely would be interesting. But my question is
rather towards the technology behind, thus please give the blog and/or
news module a try to see whether it fits at all.

So far the reason for blog/news is that it takes away the burden to
manually create a structure, "fire and forget" - just create the page
and leave organizing the pages (what to show where, manage archive,
etc) to the module/cms. So yes, for this it makes sense.

So please play with it on the staging site.

ciao
Christian