Hi Matt,

On Tue, 2011-02-15 at 06:03 +0000, Matt Sturgeon wrote:
> Which at the present time, is a very basic and over simplified mockup
> by me: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Features_Fixes_Mockup1.png

        Looks fine to me; but you're going to have to fight Silverstripe pretty
hard (I suspect) to get that thing loaded such that all the information
is there, quickly to hand as/when someone visits the 'new features' tab.
IMHO the 'easy' option of forcing the user to spend perhaps a minute in
30x one second (best) latencies while clicking on new pages is a
non-starter for me.

        IMHO - it would be worth working out what is possible in linear time
with Silverstripe first.

> The proposed method is basically a filtered slideshow (see mockup),
> but unlike traditional JavaScript slideshows, it should contain HTML
> rather than pixels.

        Personally, of course I'd prefer something that presents a lot of
visual richness on the page that gives me a flavour of what changed;
rather than 50% of the screen being static navigation fluff of no
value ;-) but ... hey ho.

        HTH,

                Michael.

--