Hi *,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 11:16 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.me...@novell.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
>        All the sample documents in the
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/new-features-and-fixes/
>        header are broken eg.
>
> http://www.documentfoundation.org/samples/Chrisdesign_Future_car.svg
>
>        I get a beautiful "broken document" page for each loaded in LibreOffice
> but ... ;-)
>
>        Any idea what happened there ?

www.documentfoundaition.org is now also under silverstripe -
previously it was on bilbo, now it is on kermit as well.

And I didn't believe that peopler were using it as filestorage for
unrelated stuff...

> AFAIR we linked to those documents on
> another server since Silverstripe couldn't cope with up-loading exotic
> document types and getting the mime stuff right.

.. instead of even mentioning any problem with blocked filetypes, etc here.

/me is a little <strike>pissed</strike> annoyed. Again the complaining
about the tooling without mentioning the problems to the people who
could easily fix the problems.

As to files, those are served directly by apache, so when there is a
problem with mimetype, let apache know it, no problem, you just need
to mention the problems.

Same for allowing additional filetypes. If something doesn't work state so.

>        Urk.

yes, indeed.

ciao
Christian